Welcome to gentlenarcotic at rubberhills.com
gentlenarcotic - composition, sound design and production
Gentlenarcotic is the name I picked some years ago as a label for my musical activities. Taken from the song of the same title, it had the advantage that nothing turned up in Google. As such, Gentlenarcotic is mostly Bastiaan Egberts, but since nothing stops me from collaborating with other people under this moniker, I sometimes use the plural "we" on this web site. This has little to do with illusions of grandeur.
Gentlenarcotic produce a wide variety of production music, sound design and autonomous compositions. Think film, multimedia and advertising... late night artsy experimentation, orchestral compositions, and the odd bit of live engineering as well.
Bastiaan's ultra brief Bio.
Bastiaan Egberts *1977 / VWO (1995) / HKA, classical piano / RUU, musicology / HKU, fac. KMT, music technology (2001)
- Peter Raczko; Contact; musical score for film (work in progress)
- Greg Coburn; Intersection; musical score for film (work in progress)
- FAAM string quartet; (no title yet); music for string quartet. (work in progress)
- Casandra Hernandez; Invented Life; audio recording and mixing of a performance at the Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam (2005)
- Guadalupe Abero; Demo CD; mainly production and recording (2005)
- Naiara Mendioroz Azkarate; 49 Urracas... ; composition, editing, arranging (2004 - 2005)
- ¡Ay! Juana; Demo CD; mainly production and recording (2004)
- Jim Williams; Sensory Perception and a promotional track; production, arrangements and some composition (2004)
- C.P. de Kunder; RPG Mood CD; applied composition and sound design (2004 - )
- Russian Cycle; not about transportation, to do with writers such as Zemyatin, or rather, their stories. (2004 -)
- Hans Boot, certified guitar genius; Back Catalogue; arrangements, composition & production (2003 - )
- Jim Williams; Earthroot (concept album); production, arranging and some composition (2003)
- music for images, demo CD applied music (2003)
- Normally Invisible; Theater a/d IJssel; arrangements and some composition (2002)
- Javier Toscano, Lourdes Morales, et al.; Binet project; musical score for a cult cd(rom). See also: los Obsoletos (2002 - )
- Pig's Ear, an experimental CD, graduation project HKU (2001)
- Jim Williams; Natural Balance (concept album); production, arranging and some composition (2001)
- Normally Invisible; HOYA2; applied music commercial presentation (2001)
The list above is by no means complete.
You can find some audio samples over at the music page.
- No software patents in Europe, please! Find out more at >>petition.eurolinux.org.